The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced major changes to the Aadhaar card over time.
The new Aadhaar cards will appear in a completely different incarnation. This is because the regulator has allowed them to be printed on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic.
As a result, like an ATM or debit card, the Aadhaar card can also be kept with the wallet.
Also, several important changes are being made in the security features of the new card.
All in all, the new Aadhaar cards will be more durable on the one hand, and it will be convenient to carry them with you or to do instant verification online.
Security Features of Aadhaar PVC Card at a Glance:-
1) Highest quality printing and lamination.
2) Aadhaar PVC card will be more durable and it is also convenient to keep with you.
3) The latest security features have been added to the Aadhaar PVC card which has appeared in the new incarnation.
Notable among these are holograms, guillotine patterns, ghost images, and micro text.
4) Aadhaar PVC cards are completely waterproof.
5) Opportunity for instant offline verification through QR code.
6) The card has security features like issue date and print date.
7) The brand new Aadhaar PVC.
8) The card has the embossed Aadhaar logo.
Aadhaar PVC card can be ordered even if the mobile number is not linked:-
Aadhaar has launched a new service called ‘Order Aadhaar Card’. With this, those who have Aadhaar card can print their Aadhaar information on the PVC card by spending a little money.
Those who do not have a mobile number registered can order it from a non-registered / alternative phone number.
The new card will reach you via speed post usually within 5 days after placing the order.
How To Track Aadhaar PVC Card Status:-
The status of the Aadhaar PVC card can be checked regularly from the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab on the official website of the Aadhaar Authority website https://uidai.gov.in
In this case, go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab and click on ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status‘.
Click on Check Status with the required information on the new screen that appears.
PVC Card Ordering Cost:-
A person has to spend Rs 50 for an Aadhaar PVC card. These include GST and speed post charges.