Cloves are not only one of the indispensable spices of kitchens, but they are also used in the treatment of many diseases for thousands of years.
Medicinal drugs are prepared from cloves, stems, and leaves of cloves. Clove oil made from dried buds is also known for medicinal properties. The herb is used for toothache as it removes the smell of bad breath in general.
In addition, indigestion, nausea, acne, such as skin problems, especially good for many ailments. The antioxidant power is high and is a very good painkiller, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It also has aphrodisiac properties.
What is Cloves?
The main chemical component of oil is eugenol, which is responsible for its strong odor. It has antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-inflammatory properties.
In addition to the use of medicine, especially in oral health, it is used in many fields from agriculture to the cosmetic sector.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Cloves?
1. Protects the Digestive System
Cloves improves digestion by stimulating the secretion of digestive enzymes. Helps reduce bloating, gastritis, indigestion, and nausea.
It also prevents the formation of ulcers and gastritis. To provide relief in diseases related to the digestive system, cook 1-2 cloves into powder and mix with honey to eat a spoon one or two.
2. Prevents Bacteria
Cloves are antibacterial properties against a number of diseases. Clove extracts are effective enough to kill germs. Clove extracts also prevent bacteria that release cholera.
3. Prevents Tumor
Especially in the early stages of tumor formation in the lungs and to prevent lung cancer can help in controlling the disease.
4. Protects Liver
Cloves protect organs from the negative effects of free radicals and contain plenty of antioxidants. In the long run, metabolism increases free radical production and the rate of fat in blood while reducing antioxidants in the liver. The hepatoprotective effect at the core of cloves protects the liver.
5. Controls Diabetes
In people with diabetes, the amount of insulin produced by the body that is either inadequate or never produced. Studies have shown that extracts from cloves mimic insulin in certain ways and help control blood sugar levels.
6. Strengthens and Protects Bones
Bone mineral density and bone mineral content of compounds in contents of carnations, as well as osteoporosis in the case of the increased tensile strength of bones, are particularly useful.
7. Prevents Mutations in Genes
Mutagens are chemicals that alter the genetic structure of DNA by causing mutations. Biochemical compounds found incarnations such as phenylpropanoids have anti-mutagenic properties. Research has shown that clove can control mutagenic effects at an important rate.
8. Strengthens Immune System
Carnations are considered among plants that develop and maintain the immune system in Ayurveda. It contains compounds that improve the immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells. Brushing a tooth dried clove daily strengthens the immune system.
9. Reduces Pain and Prevents Inflammation
Clove has a slight anesthetic (narcotic) and analgesic (painkillers) euphoria. This volatile aromatic oil has been proven to reduce pain by stimulating pain receptors (receptors).
It is very effective, especially in tooth, head and muscle aches. In addition, was observed that eugenol in the essence of clove extract applied to experimental guinea pigs decreased inflammation caused by edema.
To remove headache, beat a few cloves and mix into a powder, mix with water, mix with a piece of rock salt or Himalaya salt. Add a glass of milk on it. This mixture quickly and effectively reduces headaches.
10. Helps to Treat Mouth Diseases
Cloves prevent the development of oral bacteria that cause various oral diseases. Kills germs in the mouth. It can also be used for toothache with a pain relief feature.
What Are The Other Benefits of Cloves?
- Increases sexual desire.
- Strengthens memory.
- It makes the heart stronger.
- Diarrhea is good for disease.
- Good for mental fatigue.
- When used as a spice allows appetite to open.
- It removes bad breath odor.
- Accelerates metabolism and helps to weaken.
5 Great Ways to Use Cloves
- Carnations are used as spices in desserts, jams, homemade fruit juices, and composts.
- Clove buds can be used in herbal tea.
- It can be used in the treatment of many pain including powdered teeth and toothache.
- One-two cloves per day allows you to benefit from the high content of iron, protein, phosphorus, calcium, carbohydrates, and vitamins A, C.
- Dried carnations are steam distilled to remove fat and can be widely used in many areas from health to cosmetics.
What Are The Benefits of Clove Oil?
- It protects the mouth and gum health. Eliminates toothache.
- Prevents bad breath odor.
- Good mouth ulcers.
- Tonsillitis is effective in bacterial and viral infections such as laryngitis, reflux.
- Relieves ear and throat pain.
- Relieves head and muscle pains.
- Good rheumatic joint pain.
- Reduces nausea and vomiting.
- Improves fungal infections.
- Treats bacterial and infectious skin problems such as acne, boils.
- Removes wrinkles.
- Good for respiratory problems such as cough, bronchitis, asthma.
- It improves sexual performance and prevents premature ejaculation.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Gives energy, good for mental and physical fatigue.
- Mosquitoes etc. protects against insects. Treats of insect bites.
- It lowers intestinal parasites.
- Stimulates rapid growth of hair and prevents hair loss.
What Are The Damages of Clove Oil?
The use of carnation as a spice and a reasonable amount does not cause any damage. On the other hand, when a large amount of clove oil is used, a strong burning sensation may occur.
If you have never taken this medication before, is recommended that you take in small amounts and be careful when taking in children.