Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder in which person stops breathing or involuntarily during sleep.
It may take 10 seconds or longer and may occur hundreds of times per night. Sleep apnea can be caused by obstructed or narrowed airways in your nose, mouth or throat. It may also occur when te brain does not send signals to respiratory muscles.
According to National Sleep Foundation, this disorder affects more than 18 million people in United States alone. Sleep apnea can be seen including children in everyone . However, it affects men more than women.
Other factors that put you at risk include over 60 years of age, obesity, thick neck circumference, throat stenosis, heart disease, family history, regular alcohol intake, sedatives or excessive smoking.
Common symptoms and symptoms of sleep apnea worsen quality of sleep, excessive daytime sleep, loud snoring, breathing (during sleep) during sleep (witnessed by another person), awakening to breathe, dry mouth, headaches upon insomnia, insomnia and attention problems.
If left untreated, sleep apnea may cause many health problems such as high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and depression. So, if you have sleep apnea, should be treated appropriately.
Along with traditional treatment, you can try some natural methods and lifestyle changes to reduce symptoms of sleep apnea.
Honey is useful in treatment of sleep apnea. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce swelling in throat, which may block airways. It also moisturizes throat to prevent snoring, which is one of most common symptoms of sleep apnea.
Honey also allows you to sleep and relax with quality. It also helps to preserve your healthy weight and prevent obesity. Weight loss is an important step in treatment of sleep apnea.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey to a glass of warm water and before going to bed every day.
- Another option is to add 1 teaspoon honey and a pinch of black pepper into a glass of warm water. You should sip slowly before going to bed.
- To lose weight, you can drink a glass of warm water with 1 tablespoon of honey and while your empty stomach in the morning.
In addition, anti-inflammatory effects can help you avoid obstruction of respiratory tract that causes snoring.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dry daisy to a cup of hot water.
- Close lid and allow to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and a little honey after filter.
- You can also prepare massage oil with a measure of chamomile oil and two parts olive oil.
- Massage your neck with this oil several times a day.
“This tea drink before one hour bedtime every day.”
According to Ayurveda, cinnamon has calming properties that can help you sleep better and help you cure sleep apnea -related breathing problems.
- Add 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and a medium sized cinnamon stick to 1 cup of hot water. Boil for a few minutes, strain and add some honey. For bedtime on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, mix and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of powdered cinnamon into a cup of hot water. Drink once a day.
- You can also prepare a paste with cinnamon powder and water as needed and apply to neck and breasts. Leave for a few minutes, then rinse with water.
Lavender is another well-known natural remedy for dealing with symptoms of sleep apnea. Its calming, soothing and soothing nature prevents muscle congestion in throat, helping you to enjoy quality sleep.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to hot bath water and bathe with steam before going to bed.
- Another option is to drop a few drops of oil onto a tissue and put under your pillow or you can add a few drops of lavender oil to diffuser before going to bed.
- Add 2 teaspoons of dried lavender bud in a cup of hot water and brew for 5 to 10 minutes. Filter and add some honey. Drink 2 or 3 times a day.
Garlic is a good natural method for treating sleep apnea. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation in respiratory tract, making easier to breathe while you sleep. It also helps to calm tonsils and prevent snoring.
- Eat 2 to 3 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach and then drink a glass of water. Repeat daily until reduced inflammation and symptoms.
- Also, add garlic while cooking or get garlic supplements by consulting your doctor.
Mint is an excellent plant for reducing respiratory obstruction. Anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation. This improves quality of sleep.
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil to a glass of water and then gargle with this mixture. Repeat daily before going to bed.
- You can also drink several cups of mint tea every day.
- To make mint tea, add 1 tablespoon of crushed fresh mint leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Close lid and brew for 10 minutes.
- Filter and add some honey. While drink tea still hot.
Milk With Hot Turmeric
Combination of milk and turmeric will help to treat sleep apnea symptoms. Milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that promotes sleep.
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help reduce inflammation in respiratory tract to help you breathe freely while you sleep.
- Add 1 teaspoon powder turmeric into a glass of milk.
- Boil and allow to boil for a few minutes at low temperature.
- Remove from fire and add some honey.
- You can consume 30 minutes before sleeping.
Bathroom With Epsom Salt
Magnesium in Epsom salt helps to relax painful muscles and provides relief. In addition Epsom salt helps reduce inflammation in body.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to hot bath water and mix well.
- Lie down in bath water and wait for at least 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- You can apply this method 2 or 3 times a week.
Another simple method is almonds for treatment of sleep apnea. Almonds, which are high in magnesium, support relaxation of muscles in your throat.
Eat a handful of unprocessed almonds every day.
Alternatively, you can eat fried bread with almonds and then drink a glass of water at least 1 hour before bedtime.